Day 113 /long post on delight and peace

Everything about this weekend pretty much fell into place according to plan and I was pleased. I couldn’t ask for more.

In my life, there is someone special. I would love to spend every moment with her. This whole weekend, I was pretty much with her most of the time. She though wasn’t happy and I didn’t try to find out why. I was on the other hand, very happy inside, not because of her misery but because I overcome a struggle and was at peace.

I was assisting my mom planting some flowers last week and I looked across the street and saw a family also gardening. They were sweeping flower petals that fell from the trees. Their entire driveway was covered with pink flowers (they have a cherry blossom tree) and their was blooming last week.

I saw how peaceful and beautiful that picture was. And I was really jealous too. I want a nice house and family and was thinking when will I be like that.

Time is short though. I was thinking, that the family across probably might not even think that scene of few minutes from my perspective was beautiful. They probably thought, how much work they had to do to clean their driveway.

I had a moment of insight then, that we spent a lot time working toward a goal and that satisfaction is only last but a moment.

Thinking about myself, I spent months and years training for a race all for that moment of joy when I run across the finish line.

This weekend I had that joy. For the longest time, I have been struggling to find satisfaction and I have been contemplating the meaning of delight and friendship.

There was a girl I delighted but later we broke up because she delighted in someone else. Since then, only thing I delighted, is running.

Running will put a smile on my face. Running will brighten up my face and running will bedazzle my eyes.

I got to spent my weekend with people I love and doing the things I love. On Friday, I was at church with my best friend praying for mission work. Church and mission is what my friend love most. Though they are not my stuff, but I was happy to be there supporting her.

I didn’t go to bed until 3 in the morning. The next day though, I wasn’t tired. I woke up early and did my morning reading (on Facebook). I came across a post from my race I will do in June and it scared the light out of me. It reminded me that the race will be on the mountain.

So, I immediately got up, no more delay and got to the mountain trail that was about an hour away. My best friend and her friends planned to be there too later in the morning to hike on it. I got there first, started running it.

They came later and we had a good whole day of hiking together. Afterward, I stayed behind and did more running. I had a blast running on the trail. It was hard but it was not the hardest trail to run on. I did hurt myself toward the end of the day when I rolled my ankle. That was the end of running for that day.

I met on the trail a guy who have been running all his life. It was so good we got to talk like normal people but he has done so much beyond what I can imagine. He set a course record in a race he recommended me to do, I didn’t find out until later. He was humble and didn’t boast about his achievement. I wouldn’t never know he was such a fast runner.

On Sunday, it was pretty much normal. I woke up early around 5:30 because I had a race in Maryland. I got to the course around 6:30. Funny thing was the meet up location was so big people couldn’t find the starting line. Luckily, we got there early and was wandering around. I was misled by some people who ran the the race before. They led me to the wrong parking lot because they said it was there last year. In the end, I did find the right place.

The race wasn’t my best because I was limping for the first few miles, before finding my pace. My ankle was bothering me and I didn’t want to put too much force.

There was drizzling rain and it was a little cold. I still enjoyed the race nonetheless. There were 2500 other passionate people there and you could feel the energy.

Later, I went to church and had more time being with my friends. It was pretty much normal for the rest of the day.

I did some biking, about 16 miles. I was pretty much alone but it was a refreshing time after running the race. I didn’t do my long run so I wasn’t as tired as usual. I got to spent time pulling my thoughts together and writing them down here.

%d bloggers like this: